CT132M Current transformer – lower than expected current output

Current transformers, meters and associated products Forums Technical Support CT132M Current transformer – lower than expected current output

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Padraig
    Participant

We are trying to measure the current from a three phase motor. We are only measuring one phase to use as an indicator. We were using a CT143M200/5-2.5/1-001 (ratio 200:5) but found the output amps low at our transducer which is an IME TM3I 230V TM3I330 CURRENT TRANS 5A 4/20MA (see detail below)
    We bought a couple of HOBUT DIN Rail Mounted Current Transformers Part No.: CT132M100/5-2.5/1 (lower ratio of 100:5). The current out of these was around .8A on the secondary when primary was at 50A. Note that the P1 is facing supply side. I have tried both directions and reading is the same.

Do you know why we could be getting these readings? Is there a recommended max distance between the coil and the transducer?

IME TM3I330 detail:
    http://www.imeitaly.com/docs/NT554.pdf

WesleyK
    Participant

Thank you for the information here that is pretty wise and thoughtful as well. The current transformation update is pretty helping and we able to understand its working mechanism. Keep it up to bring such quality essay writing services australia helping updates always on your blog.

Newbery
    Participant

wonderful! man can always find a solution to his problem whenever he wants. Your post was quite informative and helpful for my son. Also, you can hire essay writer to get unique ideas and solve your problems easily. He is an electrical engineer who was working on a project.

Russo55
    Participant

It truly is nearly extremely difficult to come across well-qualified individual on this issue modern tv units

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.